Here at TLC Dental Care, we have always practiced the highest level of infection-control to ensure the safest treatment environment for our valued patients and team members.
Our passion is protecting you, our patients, and our staff. Being part of an elite group of dental offices on the Tom Terry Client Honor Roll, we have established a level of excellence in patient safety that is far above regulatory requirements.
In addition to what we’ve always been practicing, we have elevated our best practices to exceed the recommended guidelines provided by the CDC, OSHA, the American Dental Association (ADA), and the California Dental Association (CDA) to ensure the safest environment in response to COVID-19.
- We will utilize our high-velocity evacuation device to reduce aerosols as we have in the past and have added a second unit for our other room.
- Every hour, our team will complete a “disinfectant sweep” by disinfecting all door handles, desk areas, and bathrooms with sanitizing wipes.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the office.
- Staff temperatures will be taken daily along with a COVID screening questionnaire
- All team members will be equipped with the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect both patients and our team (KN95 masks and shields)
When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some additional changes for patient and staff safety, along with our already strict infection control protocols:
- Patient appointment times will be adjusted to minimize people arriving and departing at the same time. We will limit the number of people allowed in the reception room to maintain social distancing.
- We will call with a COVID pre-screening questionnaire 48-72 hours prior to your appointment, which will be given again upon arrival at your appointment
- When arriving for your appointment, you may wait in your vehicle and check-in by phone. We will let you know if your treatment room is ready for your entry.
- No additional guests may attend the appointment with the patient (with the exception of those needing special assistance determined on a case-by-case basis)
- Patient’s temperature will be taken upon arrival
- You are invited to use the hand sanitizer readily available throughout the office
- As much as we enjoy spending time with our patients during their dental visit, we ask that you respect social distancing requirements by avoiding contact with others, such as hand-shaking, hugging, touching, or sharing non-treatment related items.
- We ask that patients do not bring any outside food or drink items into the practice.
- For better control of contact areas, all treatment plan presentations and future scheduling will be completed while the patient is seated in the treatment area.
As always, we will provide you with the highest possible quality of care. Our protocols for sterilization and disinfection will provide a safe environment for not only our patients but for our team as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.